Saturday, 8 August 2009

Library, Big Fish and Adventure Island

I must admit this morning I was ever so nervous. I was starting my new voluntary job at the library; I don't even know why I got quite so scared. It may have been because I was going somewhere where the people were unfamiliar, but anyway when I got there it was so cute and much more fun than I had expected!
Its called the 'Summer Reading challenge/Voyage' and young children are able to come and explain their books to you, whilst I asked them some basic questions. I then gave them stickers to put onto their poster. They also get to move their picture along the wall and this adds up to how many books they have read. It was really very sweet and I feel much more confident now. I really do need to stop worrying! :)


Yesterday I went with 4 of my friends to 'Adventure Island' in Southend which is about 40 minutes away from where I live. Dawn very kindly offered to drive us in her 'Hello Kitty' car ;)

We decided to go in the evening as we are students and the tickets are half price from six o'clock.

It was so much fun and such a laugh. I'm not the biggest fan of roller coasters. I like the ones that don't go upside down but other than that I'm a bit of a scardey cat. I like Adventure Island because most of the rides apart from 4 are non-upside down rides so it was all good! :)


My favourite ride was the water ride but we decided not to go on it this time because judging by how very wet the people got, and the fact that it was nearly closing time were weren't really feeling it (but maybe next time). We went on the 3 dragon roller coasters, the haunted house, the mine train, the whip, the spinney Pharaohs ride, Sky drop and Ramba Zamba! It was so much fun and really made my day :) Sophie, Dawn and Ambra were so brave they all went on 'Rage' which has soooo many loops its unreal, but me and Madison decided to leave that one out and be bag holders :)

After we went and got chips and sat on the beach taking lots of pictures and then we got some vanilla Ice cream (Yes, a healthy diet= But we were at the beach so it just had to be done!)At Amanda's (over at Amanda Atkins in a Canary Forest) recommendation I decided to watch 'Big Fish' by Tim Burton and the final verdict was... AMAZING! I really enjoyed it. I loved the scenery and the characters. The costumes were lovely and even though the ending was sad it made the story! Thanks for the advice Amanda! :)I really hope everyone is having a lovely summer time! Its quite hot here today which is nice :)



Have a wonderful weekend everyone! :)


~Kirsty x

9 comments:

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

Those pictures are awesome! Adventure Island looks like so much fun! Your job at the library also sounds so nice - little kids are just so cute to work with, and they say the funniest things. (and I also get nervous before almost everything, but then it always ends up wonderful of course...haha). I'm so glad you watched Big Fish! It's such an amazing film.
xoxoxo
Amanda

avintagespirit (Lizzy) said...

Lovely pictures, looks like so much fun! I love those swings that spin around!
Your job sounds fun, they do the same thing during the summer at the library I go to, the kids get so excited, it's adorable!

samantha bee said...

lovely pictures it looks like you had lot & lots of fun. i've given you an award on my blog (: because your blog is fantastical. smiles & sparkles samantha x

Eliza said...

oh, you must've had so much fun there! even though i'm always afraid of riding roller coasters and all of that, the pictures look greaaat :)

and yes, big fish is indeed an amazingly beautiful movie <3

debra@dustjacket said...

Great pictures, looks like you really had fun!

It's good you feel more confident with the library job, it's just not knowing what to expect, can be a bit scary sometimes.

Have a lovely weekend,
xxx

Witchcrafted Life said...

Such fun-filled photos, I'm very happy you had a marvelous day trip and that your new volunteer job is going well, sweet dear.

Wishing you a beautiful Sunday!
♥ Jessica

Madi. said...

SHHH! This is a library BITCH :)

Next week, DEFINITELY say that!!

Oh my lordy that trip was so fun = I@m quite proud of my lil vid too.

See you tomorrow, oh and check your emails !

Not Specified said...

I love your layout. Looks like you had a great day. I wish I could go to London. I bet its amazing.
xo

Maggi said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm not a big fan of roller coasters either but I love amusement parks!