Saturday, 1 August 2009

Ohh blog I've missed you!

At around 12:15pm this afternoon I arrived back from a rather lovely holiday in Dorset :) Even though we take regular yearly trips to Dorset, this year was especially good!

On the 25th of July 2009 we left for a 7 day trip. When we got there, the weather was beautiful, however the rain and fog did set in on several days during the week. Lyme Regis was where we stayed, and the cottage looked over the sea which was very pretty!

On Saturday we browsed around Lyme Regis;

and in the evening there were pretty fireworks! :)
Sunday consisted of going to Thomas Hardy's birth place (such a cute little cottage!) and then off to Sherbourne Castle:


On Monday we went to Abotsbury gardens and walked up and stared at lots of sheep!

Tuesday we went to the Donkey Sanctuary. I love this place. Over different areas of Britain a very kind lady has set up sanctuaries for abandoned, abused or donkeys who's owners simply can not look after them any more. The place is lovely and the people are so kind:
The worst day for weather was on Wednesday so we took this as an opportunity to go shopping in Clarks village (a freeport) I got some LOVELY shoes! :)

Then we went to an old fashioned village known as Morwellham Quay, on Thursday. It is really good and has little shops all set up with sweets, books etc. The little school there is just adorable! :) I know this sounds weird... but I loved a wooden gate by the farm it was like I had stepped into an episode of 'Lark Rise to Candleford'! I also fell in love with a beautiful horse called Jack. He was a cart horse and so sweet! One of my favourite authors also writes her books based on the Devon area so I decided to get two more of her books that I hadn't read. To my surprise when I opened them I found that they had both been signed! I was very happy! :)

Because Lyme Regis is quite a drive from where we live in London, we decided to stay in Lyme Regis yesterday. It was really nice, we sat on the beach, went for a walk, had the best sandwiches ever! and then looked around some shops and ate Ice cream (Mint Choc Chip= My favourite :p)
On the very first day I had eyed a sweet little vintage shop in Lyme and was determined to buy something. When I got there yesterday I found a cute little 1950s dress. It does need some repairing but that shouldn't take much :) I love it!

(Please excuse my hair! :s)




Then as it was our last evening my parents and I went down to 'By the bay' (a really nice restaurant) and I got to wear my new shoes! :)

We even saw wild horses and ponies :)


Mum and Dad at the highest point in Dorset! :)

Even though I had a great time, I am glad to be back to see my friends and to talk to all of you wonderful bloggers! :)

Love and smiles,

Kirsty :)



10 comments:

Marie said...

Welcome back, lovely photos. The Hardy cottage is so picturesque! Thank you for sharing it. Love your new shoes and you look pretty in all your pics- even when your hair is a bit mussed.

avintagespirit (Lizzy) said...

Looks like a lovley trip you had! The pictures are wonderful, thanks for sharing them with us.
Make me long to go to England even more!!!
The new shoes are so adorable and so is the 50s dress you bought, too cute!
Lovely blog :)

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

Wow, that vacation looks amazing!! I love that there is a donkey sanctuary!! That is so wonderful and sweet. And Jack is a very handsome horse! Also so exciting that the books were signed...I love when surprises like that happen. Anyway, it's good to have you back in blog land!!
xoxox Amanda

A said...

So glad to have you back! Looks like you had a wonderful vacation.

Anonymous said...

Welcome welcome back to the blogging world!! :) I just discovered your blog and am loving it. The pictures are simply scrumptious!!
I'm having a giveaway so enter!
Be sure and pop by & leave a note & follow. It would really make my day! :)

-Laila
www.randomweavings.blogspot.com

Kelley Anne said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time...I love your new dress, and your shoes! I'm glad you're back:)

Madi. said...

Those photos look so picturesque :).
Looks like you had a fabulous time - love the pink dress.

Center Parcs in less than a month !

Tessies Hearts said...

Thanks! He is a cutie pie isn't he! Love all your pretty dresses in this post :-)

nicola xx

Witchcrafted Life said...

Ohh, Kirsty, we missed you, too! :) So very happy that you had a smashing trip though, sweetie! A good spell away from home can do wonders to revive the spirit, I've found. Love your 50s dress, what a wonderful find!

Have a beautiful week - big hugs,
♥ Jessica

kadler said...

These are gorgeous pictures! What a lovely place. So jealous!

Welcome back :)