As I have finished most of my homework for the summer (I think :S) I have decided to have a nice relaxing day! I think I'll start by watching a film (maybe, Confessions of a Shopaholic). Also I may have some lovely chocolate and listen to some music! Ever since I watched the film 'The Boat that Rocked', I have really began to enjoy 'The Kinks' music! I think that's going to have to be put on the ipod, along with the best of 'Blondie'. What a fantastic day, lined up! ;)As you can probably see in the picture above my grandpa, has the most amazing vegetable garden at the back of his house. Ever since I was little he has grown so many vegetables in this rather large patch. Recently my Grandpa has started to pick plums to make jam. I just love the way he packages it! Its so adorable! :)
Later tonight, I am off to the O2 with some of my friends, to go for a meal and to watch the new film 'The Ugly Truth'. I can't wait to see this actually, I have wanted to see it for a while, so when Debra arranged this I jumped at the chance to go. I do love going to London with my friends! :D
Watching the last 'Desperate Romantics' yesterday evening, was really good. I really enjoyed this series. It was about a group of artists, known as the Pre-Raphaelite brotherhood: Dante Gabriel Rossetti , John Millais, William Holman Hunt, and a fictional character known as Fred Walters. The programme is about their struggle to become established artists. It is such a funny programme, but last nights episode was extremely sad. Lizzie Siddal who is Rossetti's sweetheart and later wife, has a very sad end, which made me cry. The actress Amy Manson, was brilliant at this part! I was also in love with her hair! It was so pretty. Apparently in this programme her hair was a wig.(Image below)
However, they have definitely left room for series 2 of 'Desperate Romantics' as there is still quite a lot of the story left. The programme has a funny ending as well, which was good :) When I went on Amanda's blog from 'http://amandaatkins.blogspot.com/' I was so happy to see that she was having a giveaway! I love her art work she is very talented and she is such a lovely girl! I obviously entered the draw to try and win the tattooed lady picture. If you would like to enter just visit her blog :)
It is only 2 days until I go away to Center Parcs with my friend Madison and her family for 4 days. I can't wait! :) We have lots of fun activities to take part in: One of these is a treasure hunt, swimming, climbing, nature walks etc. It sounds brilliant! :) I will have many pictures to show you when I get back!
It is only 2 days until I go away to Center Parcs with my friend Madison and her family for 4 days. I can't wait! :) We have lots of fun activities to take part in: One of these is a treasure hunt, swimming, climbing, nature walks etc. It sounds brilliant! :) I will have many pictures to show you when I get back!
Have a wonderful week and weekend everyone! :)
~ Kirsty x

6 comments:
Centre Parcs will be brill! I used to go quite a lot when I was younger and have lots of good memories there :)
x
Hope you like the movie, I saw it on Sat night. The shopaholic one is funny too.
xoxo
Your Grandpa's garden sounds awesome! I love The Kinks and Blondie, great choices for any iPod! lol
Awww, your Grandpa's garden sounds so lovely! I think it's so cute that he makes jam :)
Hope you enjoy the movie!
And I haven't seen the movie, but I love the Confessions of a Shopaholic books (looks like they didn't stay very true to the book in the movie).
I love Blondie, Shopaholic (books and movie), and the kinks! haha.
Thanks for posting about my giveaway, Kirsty! :)
xo
Amanda
Sounds like such a relaxing, lovely day! I could use a good dose of chocolate and film or two myself right about now ;D
Wishing you a gorgeous Monday & week ahead, sweet dear!
♥ Jessica
Post a Comment