Tuesday, 11 August 2009

I do love 'Jam and Jerusalem'

I'm so happy because my favourite TV show has come back onto BBC1! 'Jam and Jerusalem' is such a hilarious programme and if anyone ever needs to be cheered up this is the programme to watch :)

The programme is set in Cornwall, in the country and is about a bunch of women who belong to the women's institute. Most of the characters are all bonkers (in a good way) apart from one woman called Sal and her friend Tipper. This is what makes it so good. Its about her life in the country as a practice nurse, whilst she is surrounded by vibrant and interesting people.

Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders (who wrote the series) star in it. My favourite episode was in series two when the programme was set in Glastonbury.

Tash is my favourite character. She's extremely dippy hippy and acts like a funny, stroppy teenager even though shes meant to be about 35!

The new series has only just started and this is series 3. I can't wait to see what Jennifer Saunders has in store for the characters next.
I don't know if the show is shown anywhere else in the world, but if it is I one hundred percent recommend it! :)

Tonight there is a really good programme on called 'Desperate Romantics' this is about a group of painters and is also really funny! There is some good stuff on television at the moment.

I must admit I do like shopping. I really should try and save my money but the trouble is its the summer holidays and I just love the opportunity to go out with my friends. Theres very little that is actually free to be honest! But yesterday I went with Dawn and Ambra (Madison was going to come but she didn't feel very well. Hope you feel better Madi! :) to Lakeside. Its a gigantic shopping centre :) We looked in lots of shops and especially zoomed in on 'H + M' (Sophie works there and its great to keep help company whilst she is doing some over time) I got a FABULOUS 80s style top which I just love! :) I shall be wearing that when I go out bowling tomorrow ;)


The other night my friend Madison came over and we arranged the activities we are planning to do in Center Parcs. Madi invited me to come with her and her family to Center Parcs in 17 days :) I can not actually wait! It shall be so much fun! Thanks for inviting me Madi! :D

I also would like to thank the incredibly sweet Samantha over at 'Sparkly Stars' for giving me a lemonade stand award! :) Thank you so much! Her blog is so pretty and is always full of interesting things and cool pictures. If you haven't been on her blog you may want to check it out :)

Have a lovely Tuesday everyone!

~Kirsty

8 comments:

debra@dustjacket said...

I hope they put it on over here, I'd check it out. I love Dawn and Jennifer.
xxx

Christina said...

Cute shirt! :) I love the colors!

-xtina
www.thisisxtina.blogspot.com

Not Specified said...

This show looks interesting I think I'll check it out. =)

That shirt is super cute. xx

avintagespirit (Lizzy) said...

Looks like a funny show, I love Dawn French, she's so hilarious!

Madi. said...

That top is sooo nice! I don't know what to wear today... it's funny weather and what looks good with bowling shoes??

Can't wait for center parcs!! :)

Oh, and I've just written a review for Orphan on my blog - read it and weep!!! haha.

See you this afternoon.

Witchcrafted Life said...

Adorable skirt, there's almost something 1920s art deco about the lovely wing design (and at the same time I'm reminded of a Tiffany lamp shade due to the almost stained glass looking segments of pretty colours).


Have a marvelous time with your friends, honey!

Big hugs,
♥ Jessica

Christina said...

Yay for nurses! I hope I finish up in the next 3 years. Graduating college next year and then hopefully get my Certified Nurses Asst. license just for kicks and apply to nursing school still. I'm volunteering in the birthing center and babies are SO cute! :)

-xtina
www.thisisxtina.blogspot.com

SC said...

The top is adorable! I bet there are tons of ways to wear it and pair it up.