Sunday, 12 July 2009

'I do like to be beside the seaside!'

What a fabulous day I have just had, very adventurous!

I went with my parents to a place about 1 hour and 30 minutes away from where we live. It was much larger than I had expected with craft centres, wildlife and I even found an antiques shop to my delight :)


In this shop I found an adorable 1950s bag which I already love and it was a real bargain! Its difficult to see the detail in the picture below, but it is very pretty and in really good condition!


After having our lunch in a sweet little tea room (Cheese Jacket potato and for dessert chocolate cake :) we drove down the road to a seaside town. It was quite breezy on the beach and my hat nearly fell off! But in the actual town it was very warm and sunny!


Here are some pictures I took below (Hope you enjoy them!)...

(These houses really remind
me of Jane Austen! :D)


When I got home I thought I would look through some family photo albums and found an album that my mum had made up of old pictures of my grandparents taken during the war. The clothes they wear in the pictures are absolutely lovely. I even found a picture of my Mum's dad in the RAF and my Dad's dad in the Navy. Fascinating!


5 comments:

BaronessVonVintage said...

looks like a lovely day. your purse is really a great find, I think!!!

Thanks for visiting and following my blog!

BaronessVonVintage said...

ooh, by the way, I notice a picture of a blenheim Cavalier (and another cute pooch) on the right side of your page! I have a tri-colour named Chance. He's the lord of our manor!

Madi. said...

Wow - that was a really picturesque place you went to... and looks like some great shopping to be done :)

I love the first photo !

Kelley Anne said...

What a wonderful way to spend the day! Your purse is lovely...I've decided to check out more antique stores, its nice to hear that other vintage -loving women have discovered great finds in them:) Your photos are wonderful!

Madi. said...

Hey hey!! Sorry I cut you off earlier on the phone - Dawn was in the middle of the road so I had to cut off fast :).

But anyways thanks for your support at the poetry thing :)