Thursday, 3 September 2009

Cinema Reviews and other news...




Last night I went to see '500 Days Of Summer'. One of my friends has wanted to see this film since about January, when she had first heard about the film. When we got there we didn't think that the cinema would be overly busy, even though it was the first night it had been showing. However it was pretty packed.
The film did not disappoint either! I really really enjoyed it. Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gorden Levitt were so good together. The clothes in the film were wonderful! I thought from the T.V adverts that the film was set in the past; but modern items like the 'WI Fit' kept popping up; so I think it was just their super cool fashion sense! :) They had such a vintage style and her hair was gorgeous!
Joseph Gorden Levitt also has a really good singing voice, which I did not know about until i saw this film. :)

The ending was so clever as well. But you'll have to see it to find out... he he.

I went to see another film at the start of last week. It was 'The Ugly Truth'. To be honest I wasn't too sure about this film. However once watching this in the O2, I completely changed my mind. It was one of those films which is just so hilarious. It made me laugh constantly and the characters were so funny. It also had a majorly cute little cat in it, which I fell in love with. :)
Anyway I would definitely recommend both films. They are both funny and so it just depends on the sort of story people fancy. I hope that other people have enjoyed these 2 films as much as I have! :)

In other news, I was so happy to log onto my account yesterday morning to see that I had won the blog-giveaway on Amanda's blog. I love her art work so much, it is so quirky and makes me smile, so when I got an email from her saying I had won the give away I was ecstatic! :) Thanks Amanda! I can't wait to receive the picture! :)

Today I have invited some friends over to have a girly day and a bit of a 'LOST' marathon! I'm very excited because I love it when friends come over and we just mess about!

Tomorrow I'm really quite nervous because I have a driving lesson and my last lesson didn't go as well as it could have :s I know the instructors have to shout but it makes you feel much more nervous... Anyway in the evening I'm off to see a play in my local theatre with my parents so that will be good and I will report back with much more information on the musical on Saturday!



There is also a new programme starting on BBC1 which I just can't wait to see. It's called 'Land Girls', and is about a group of girls and their lifes during the war. If you want to check this week long drama out it is over at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2009/06_june/04/landgirls.shtml



Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! :)



~ Kirsty x

8 comments:

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh great post Kirsty, love movie reviews. I've seen Ugly Truth and loved it and not seen 500 yet.

Congrat's on the giveaway, lucky girl and have fun at the theatre.

Land Girls sounds like something I'd love, let us know what you think.
xoxo

Madi. said...

That's my favourite 500 days of summer poster! They don't use it anywhere though!So i can't buy it :(.

There was a poll between 3 posters to be chosen for the main one and that wasn't picked :(.
Gawd I must have been looking forward to that film since christmas, because I remember asking Brooke for some shoes that look exactly like the ones in that poster :)

Victoria said...

I'm hoping to see 500 days of Summer.. it looks really good! xx

Kelley Anne said...

Thanks for the reviews! I've been wanting to see 500 Days of Summer (mostly for the clothes, I have to admit:), but probably won't see it until it comes out on video. Good luck on your driving lesson and I can't wait to hear what you think of Land Girls.

Marie said...

I am so excited to see Zooey's style in that film, I just love her. Been too busy so far- but I think that is one I might buy when I can to see the clothes over and over again!

Maggi said...

Thanks for the reviews, I definitely want to see 500 days! Congrats on the win!

Anonymous said...

Wow , that first film looks particularly excellent. I love films with old fashioned music and nice clothes :)
http://thefashiontape.blogspot.com/
H
xxxxxxxx

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

I want to see 500 Days of Summer so bad! Good luck on your driving lesson. I'm sure it will go wonderfully! Also, Land Girls sounds awesome. I'll have to find a way to watch it.
And you're so welcome about the print, Kirsty! :)