Monday, 26 October 2009

A Cat's Autumn

Autumn has finally arrived in London now. The weather has definitely gotten much colder than it was. I never used to like Autumn that much but looking at the colours this year I think it is so pretty. Also the fact that my birthday is in autumn/winter helps me to enjoy this beautiful season even more! :)
I love to be able to walk along and kick the leaves when no ones looking :) (hehe).


Yesterday, as the clocks went back and I was sitting at home a little bored; My parents and I decided to go down to a local woods near to where we live to walk our dogs; Barney and Teddy. The colours were ever so pretty although they were nowhere near as striking as the beautiful pictures that Amanda from www.amandaatkins.blogspot.com took recently. The pictures really made me feel the autumn spirit. :)

Another sign that autumn has arrived is the fact that my cat Kit has hibernated inside our house. When ever winter is near my pets just decide to stay indoors, which is ever so cute but they need to go outdoors sometimes! :)
Kit mainly sleeps on his chair, which he takes over in our conservatory :)

I have decided that the dress that I bought the other day for the party I am attending this week, is actually going to be worn to my 18th birthday celebrations with my friends instead. This is because it is such a pretty dress that I think may be slightly to dressy to wear to a house party :s (haha!) I have decided to take a trip to our local shopping centre with my mum soon so I am hoping to spy a dress I like for the party then :)
I am really looking forward to Halloween this year but the slight down side is the fact that in England Halloween is not treated as a light hearted fun celebration; it always consists of some local yobs destroying private property which is not what Halloween is about at all! It would be so nice if Halloween was more like it is in America. The decorations I have seen in films and pictures always looks superb! So amazing! :) When I was younger I used to love a film by 'Disney' known as 'Halloween Town'. I don't know if anyone else has heard or seen it but it is truly such a magical film, which really reminds me of Disney Land and when I saw the film I just wanted to go there! :) The costumes, make-up and scenery is just brilliant!
Another Halloween film that I enjoy watching around this time of year is 'Hocus Pocus'. I remember I used to be so scared of this film when I was little but now it is so funny!
I hope everyone is enjoying their autumn season! :)
Have a nice week everyone! :)
~ Kirsty x

3 comments:

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

I LOVE Hocus Pocus! It was filmed here in massachusetts! Are you and your friends doing anything for Halloween? I hope it is magical for you! Your pets are truly SO cute. I'm glad you're enjoying autumn with them!
xoxo
Amanda

Kelley Anne said...

I remember Hocus Pocus! Your pics are wonderful. I love autumn...the colors, the cool weather before it turns truly bitter here. Halloween is fun...especially the part where everyone dresses up in costume. Good luck with your dress search.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, especially the first one, it reminds me of where the wild things are, during the "wild rumpus" haha.
and your cat is adorable!!!

<333
neongypsy.blogspot.com